Saturday, December 17, 2005

BuzzboyPDX, you are sorely missed...

I am so very saddened to say that James Hall (known to many of you as BuzzboyPDX) passed away on December 10, 2005.

I had chatted online with James for years before finally meeting him at IML in May. He was one of the few leathermen who took his part in the community so very seriously and was always williing to share with and learn from others. James was a kind soul - always busy with charities and fundraising. I remember so vividly his chat with me when he had won the Northwest Leather Boy 2005 title - it was like the screen text was glowing with pride.

He succomed to Pneumocystitis Carinii Pneumonia. From what I have just learned, this is a very serious form of pneumonia which can randomly strike when your body is under stress and often as a result of HIV. Fortunately, he passed away peacefully several days after losing consciousness. He is survived by his partner Brian.

I had told him many times he was like a chameleon - as he always looked so radically different in every photo - apparently because he knew how to work hair professionally (I think that's where the "buzz" came into his handle). His stories of flying all over the country to do rich womens hair were always amusing. He clearly knew how to make himself look fantastic - but in reality it was his beautiful soul which would shine even brighter.

James, I miss you - all I can say is that you will not be forgotten. And Brian, even thought we have never met, may peace be with you, and I wish you solace in remembering your time together.

Until we meet again...

-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home