Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Archdiocese of L.A. should be fucking ashamed for their (lack of) actions

I have never denounced my catholocism. My baptism happened when I was an infant so I had no say in the matter. Catacism was punch and cookies every Sunday. I am even further distant from a church which labels me a sinner for my homosexuality that I was born with -- and a hypocritical organization (business, actually - the Catholic church is the richest business on the planet) that has allowed sexual predators to molest children. Mind you, the majority of these abhorrent attacks were men molesting young boys. Worthless pieces of shit these priests are - I wonder if they go to heaven if the church thinks they did nothing wrong?

In any case, I am ranting because I stumbled on a document released by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. It is a sterile listing of the topics contained in the files held by the church in hundreds (yes hundreds) of cases of sexual molestation by Priests in Los Angeles. They only released it because they were required to. It is a panacea, a smokescreen of sorts - designed to make them look like they had done the right thing based on comunity standards of the time. Well, a huge number of these cases happened in the 70s and 80s - and I doubt that pedophilia was markedly less understood than it is today. The PIGS.

See for yourself the lack of information that is presented:

http://www.la-archdiocese.org/english/dept/Assist/home.htm

Download both PDFs (the addendum, too). Notice how it reads like a table of contents rather than providing the details that you know they are hiding. The fuckers.

I was very fortunate to have escaped molestation by a priest when I was 10. I am thankful I had the smarts to know something was not right and walk away. Father Polzer, you were a despicable man for what you attempted. (he's dead now.. .phew) To all those ever hurt by these less-than-men, my heart goes out to you -- and may you find solace for their hateful and hurtful acts.

Perhaps someone can help me find out how to officially denounce one's faith. It's time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home