Wednesday, August 17, 2005

straight acting?

Sorry blogophites...another in my seemingly endless series of rants about online BDSM profiles. (I promise I'll put something cute on soon enough)...

OK..(deep breath)...

Why would someone identify themselves as being straight-acting? In my book, that means you are uptight around gay men, dress like a frump, don't scrub your asshole, don't move your legs when dancing, and can't kiss for shit. (OK, I know this is kind of another unfair reverse stereotype -- but straight men don't seem to mind being called 'straight'). Seriously, 'straight acting' would mean you're pretending to like women.

Is someone who puts this on their profile overcompensating? You tell me...

Just identify yourself as being (not acting like) a man -- specifically one seeking another man -- and one who is into BDSM and wonderful fetishes. Be proud of the fact that you are gay. Hey, put it together and call yourself a gay man (bling!). Break past the stereotype that "gay" means effeminate (yes effiminate, unlike dominate, is an adjective!). Gay means you are sexually attracted to other men - if you are gay, then ACT GAY - and don't act straight and pretend to like women.

OK...leaping off my soapbox and diving into my wondeful pool of depravity.

Remember... It's OK to be Gay...

-Lthrbound

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely true! Listen to this man, world!
Straight-acting is a word that is contradictory to itself, by itself.
If I was to meet a "straight-acting" man scrubbing his nutsack while watching sports on TV and chasing his lady around to fetch him crackers, he sure would be straight-acting the last 2 minutes in his life...
Who the heck is so insecure to find "straight" so much more adorable that he must imitate that?
When I want a man, it has to be one loving men, read: gay (gay-acting that is)
When I really want to see straight-acting men, I just go to my local D.I.Y. hardware store and jawn away until I get a cramp in my cheek muscles...

What's more and most silly: Just those "straight-acting" gays are coward enough to just stare at your profile but never answer back. Any regular straight just would have had the guts to say "nah, thanks".

Now who is the real prissy queen here?

*shaking my head*
Joe aka Leatherwolf07

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home